10/7/11

It's Official!

Today we went to court here in our county and officially got Selah's name change completed as well as getting a US birth certificate! It was such a sweet morning we are so thankful for her in our lives. 

Selah  סָלָה
:To weigh what is of value.
: To lift up
: Pause, Reflect, Praise
“All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name." Selah! (Psalm 66:4).


Hosanna  הושיעה־נא
A cry of "hosanna." God, Save me!
A shout of fervent and worshipful praise.
(also the town name of Selah's birth)


Selah Hosanna- "I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through fire of oppression, you will not burn up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:1-7

2 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!

Alison said...

Love her name, and so glad it is official! What a great day!!!